World’s leading music video and entertainment platform, VEVO, announced their new six original online music series. The series will be produced in collaboration with Shine America, Principato-Young Entertainment and many others. Telling the artists behind the music stories in fans perspective.
The VEVO’s event for the brand marketing and media communities, which included a live performance from singer songwriter John Legend and a conversation with industry leaders, was part of the Digital Content NewFronts.
Scott Reich VP of Programming and Original Content at VEVO said: “Its music-centric originals will continue to give viewers exclusive access to their favorite artists but with a new focus on telling stories from the fans’ perspective.”
Here are the series:
- Busk or Bust (co-produced by VEVO and Shine America, formerly Reveille) – VEVO’s first reality competition show where contestants must literally sing for their supper. Shine America is known for popular and award-winning original hit series including The Biggest Loser, Tabatha Takes Over, Shear Genius and The Buried Life as well as long-running scripted hits The Office, Ugly Betty and The Tudors among others.
- Cover Stories (co-produced by VEVO and Amos Content Group) – A comedic take on the not-so-true stories behind some of our favorite album covers.
- Hear Me Out (co-produced by VEVO and Principato-Young Entertainment) – A dating show where the potential of love is based solely on the participants’ musical choices. Principato-Young is the premiere production company for cutting edge comedic talent including Jim Carrey and Ed Helms.
- Sound + City (co-produced by VEVO and Show Cobra) – Uncovers the people, places and things that are currently influencing the music of a particular city. From the shoe store where the hottest mix tapes are exchanged to the restaurant everyone goes to before a concert, Sound + City explores the backdrop of the music we love and gives viewers tips on how to travel like an artist. The first six episodes explore Nashville, Miami, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Portland and Atlanta.
- Strange Island (co-produced by VEVO, WEIRD LOGIC, Hello! And Company) – Flight of the Conchords Meets Glee, living somewhere between Gilligan’s Island and Fantasy Island in a new scripted musical comedy series with four aspiring stars looking for a shortcut to fame. Co-producer Weird Logic’s Scott Schultz is one of the creators of Yo Gabba Gabba.
- You Play Like A Girl (co-produced by VEVO and Mike Welch) – Combines aspiration and inspiration of real-life young girls who are pursuing music as a career. Hosted by Sam Maloney, former drummer for Hole and Motley Crue among others, this series will find girls across the country who have the talent to make it big while giving them the push they need to help make their dreams a reality.